2. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
3. Limited Right to Use. The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Site grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sub-license, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for use by your member company (but not for resale or redistribution). If your membership lapses, you must immediately discontinue the use of any materials obtained from the association.
4. Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the association and its contractors, partners, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
6. Nontransferable. Your right to use the Site is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
7. Disclaimer and Limits.
The information obtained from or through the site is provided "as-is," "as available," and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. Our affiliated parties and we have no liability whatsoever for your use of any information or service. In particular, but not as a limitation thereof, we and our affiliated parties are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The negation of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between you and us. This site and the information would not be provided without such limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the site shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed. We will not be liable to you for any incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind that may result from use of or inability to use our site. Our maximum liability to you under all circumstances will be equal to the purchase price you pay for any goods, services or information.
The contents of the site are intended for informational purposes only and are provided with the understanding that neither the administrator nor the association is engaged in rendering legal or accounting advice. If such advice is required, the services of a professional should be sought. While all information provided to association members is researched and believed to be accurate at the time of publication, we cannot and do not guarantee that any information provided is properly applied in the operation of any business, and, therefore, we assume no responsibility for any particular results from the use of the material provided.
Access to this site is granted only to members in good standing. Forwarding materials to others, copying, disclosing or otherwise abusing the membership benefit represented by this site may result in the immediate revocation of access. The decision to revoke access is in the sole discretion of the portal administrator, and may be reversed only by the full board of directors.
9. Third-Party Services. We allow access to or advertise third-party merchant sites ("Merchants") from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and member service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE.
10. Third-Party Merchant Policies. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on such sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. The Merchants and we are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
12. Payments. You represent and warrant that if you are purchasing something from us or from Merchants that (i) any credit information you supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes.
13. Links to other Web Sites. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such web sites, and such web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
14. Copyrights and Copyright Agents. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. This site may, from time to time, contain copyrighted materials that are used with permission. Please protect the value of this intellectual property and the value of this site as a membership benefit by observing all notices and restrictions on the use of any materials. In particular, do not copy or disclose any content to others not in your employ. Do not disclose your password or allow others to use it.
15. Information and Press Releases. The Site contains information and press releases about us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies or organizations other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
16. Policies Specific to Meetings. The association always reserves the right to cancel and meeting, seminar, teleconference or webinar due to insufficient registration, the unavailability of speakers or venue, or for any other reason, including but not limited to circumstances beyond our control, with notice delivered to registrants solely via e-mail. Registration fees will be credited or refunded when any such cancellation occurs, with the choice being the decision of the registrant. Refunds will be made only in the same manner as payment was received.
You may cancel any meeting registration up to 5 business days before the program. Your registration fee will be credited, less a cancellation fee. You may apply the credit to any similar program that is scheduled within 12 months of the original event.
If you need to cancel less than 5 business days prior to the program, you may send a substitute from your organization. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
17. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Birmingham, Alabama, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8 and Section 10. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Birmingham, Alabama. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.